Information technology is one of the strongest drivers for competitiveness, innovation and change in all sectors of business in today’s highly globalized world. As information technologies cut across all industries and services, it helps to spur growth and create new wealth and new jobs. Innovations enabled by the ICT developments also leads to higher productivity, which leads to increased profitability for firms and greater personal development opportunities for executives.
As Information technology (IT) has transformed all aspects of 21st century business, it is vital that future managers in every area of business have a practical knowledge of modern IT and management perspective on how IT is used in organizations.
At the same time, as technology is changing at a much faster pace today compared to the past, executives must therefore understand what these new technologies are and learn how to use them to drive business growth and seize new opportunities for themselves.
The aim of this program is to equip non- IT executives with the necessary knowledge and skills in IT to help them increase their productivity and contribute to the development of their organizations by being able to make better informed decisions.
Upon completion of this program, participants will be able:-
- To recognize, manage, and profit from the rapidly evolving technology that is transforming today's businesses.
- To save and optimise cost for their organization by managing the information technology resources efficiently in accordance to best practices.
- To provide constructive inputs to assist top management in technology related matters by being aware of the virtues of ICT resource planning.
- To benefit their organization by having a sound knowledge on professional issues in IT, thus being able to advice on ethical matters related to using of IT within a business.
- To show competence and confidence in using the social media platform to build better customer relationships and satisfaction.
- To aspire for higher positions and create a career path for themselves and accept incentives of credits exemption to further their education at Binary University MBA or MSc.
- Non-IT professionals from any industry who wish to advance their careers by earning a University Certificate.
- Working adults from the SME sector who wish to improve productivity in the areas of work and seek promotions.
The program consists of 5 compulsory modules. The modules and the contents of the program are as follows:-
- Computer System Fundamentals
- Management Information System (MIS)
- Social Media for IT