Marketing is critical to the success of any organization. Every kind of organizations, no matter how small nor how big, need marketers. While the ultimate aim of marketing is exchange of goods and services from producers to consumers in a way that maximizes the satisfaction of customer’s needs, it is easier said than done. This the reason why good marketers are in high demand and are paid highly. As such having a sound knowledge of marketing and knowing how to apply this in real business situations provides you a competitive advantage to enjoy great financial success and personal satisfaction.
The Executive Certificate in Marketing (ECM) program equips participants with both a sound academic foundation and practical skills in the field of marketing. The ECM is ideal for individuals already working in the business world who need a sound understanding of marketing or those who wish to explore the field by gaining knowledge on marketing. Marketing functions start from identifying the consumer needs and end with satisfying the consumer needs. Among the key universal functions of marketing involve buying, selling, transporting, storing, standardizing and grading, product designing and development, financing as well as gathering and analyzing market information.
Upon completion of this program, participants will be able to:
· Appreciate the critical role played by the marketing function in organizational growth.
· Analyze an organization’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats from a marketing perspective.
· Design appropriate and effective marketing strategies.
· Use marketing information to make informed decisions
· Evaluate and apply marketing practices to create measurable results to meet marketing objectives.
· Utilize effective communication, problem solving and decision-making skills
The Executive Certificate in Marketing comprises of 3 modules namely
1.Principles of Marketing
2.Marketing in Action.