"Entrepreneurship Resilience and Trends: Surviving the Pandemic"
This conference is organized in conjunction with the ‘World Entrepreneur Day’ which will be celebrated on 8th August 2021. The pandemic has exposed the fragility of nations and has detrimental effects on economies. The COVID-19 pandemic has disrupted plans, changed priorities, scrambled existing networks, and made us all acutely aware of the fact that we cannot predict the future. The ‘World Economic Forum’ had stated that digital entrepreneurs will shape the world after the COVID-19 pandemic. The pandemic had paved way for entrepreneurs to survive and stay resilient despite losing jobs and incomes and stability in their business and personal lives. It is therefore necessary to create individual opportunity-based entrepreneurial efforts.
Entrepreneurial persistence occurs when the entrepreneur chooses to continue with an entrepreneurial opportunity regardless of counterinfluences or enticing alternatives. The decision to persist is influenced by personal characteristics and impetus provided by the environment. The pandemic had created the ability to leverage on digital tools which have become a necessity for entrepreneurs to survive the ongoing crisis. In addition, the pandemic has accelerated the process of digital transformation across almost all sectors and initiated greater social mobility and shared value creation are among those factors that entrepreneurs can leverage on using digital tools on the path to recovery.
The pandemic has become a transformative moment for companies and entrepreneurs. There were many new entrepreneurs born in Malaysia during this pandemic. Although the current pandemic has had a severe impact on the global economy, the digital economy has proven instrumental in the battle against COVID-19. Entrepreneurs learnt to better leverage on the digital economy and create solutions to solve the problems of their communities so that they can have a chance to survive the crisis and even thrive in the long term.
The International Conference on Entrepreneurship Resilience and Trends: Surviving the Pandemic (ICERT 2021) is another sincere attempt by Binary University Malaysia’s First Entrepreneurship University to explore the state of entrepreneurship and innovation in the world amidst the Pandemic.
The conference is organized in order to explore collaborations, opportunities and challenges for achieving entrepreneurial development among all countries in the world. The conference also focuses on themes beyond the Pandemic in areas of Business Environment and venture challenges to give researchers the opportunity to share the results of their research and views.
This ICERT 2021 conference will be held virtually in line with the prescribed Standard of Procedures (SOP) recommended by the Malaysian Government and Ministry of Health during Covid-19 Pandemic.
- To create a platform for academicians and researchers to discuss their ideas, research and findings on the issues pertaining of entrepreneurship and innovation
- To recognize entrepreneurial opportunities that have arisen in attempts to survive during the Pandemic.
- To provide researchers with opportunities to explore issues that are contemporary in the areas of entrepreneurship, micobusiness and innovation.
- Social enterprise
- Innovation and technology
- Abstract deadline – 30th August 2021
- Notification of acceptance – 5th September 2021
- Camera-ready paper deadline – 15th September 2021
- Early-bird registration – 25th August – 15th September 2021
- Registration – until 25th September 2021
- Conference date – 29th & 30th September 2021
- Time of conference – 09:00am – 05:00pm
- Zoom link will be provided 3 days before the conference.
- Manuscript format, agenda will be sent together with notification of acceptance.
All Conference papers will be published in the ICERT e-Proceeding. Selected papers (including best papers) will be published in Peer Reviewed Scopus Journals.
Registration and submission of full papers must be done electronically through the online submission system. Your presentation slides need to be submitted latest by 20th August 2021 to the email address: email@example.com
Early Bird Fees
Local virtual presentation
International Virtual presentation
Local university student virtual presentation
Acc Name : Binary University Sdn Bhd
Bank Acc Number: 3106397230
Name of Bank : Public Bank
Swift code : PBBEMY KL
Reference : ICERT 2021
- Send the copy of the payment slip to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Late payment will not be considered; No refund policy.