Whether you are in America, Asia or Africa or anywhere else, when you open the major newspapers in these continents,accounting and finance are rarely out of the news. Following the financial crisis, serious questions of accounting, auditing and corporate governance have become the norm. Many areas of finance have become highly sophisticated due to the transformation brought about by technological developments, the globalization of capital markets, financial engineering and changes in regulations. These changes and trends have created an increase in demand for analytical ability and specialist knowledge in both accounting and finance.
The MSc in Accounting and Finance is a specially designed program to provide students with the knowledge and skills to help meet the financial goals of an enterprise .The aim of the program is to equip students with essential accounting and finance capabilities including critical analysis, research, discipline and analytical and numerical skills. The program will provide students the opportunity to acquire specialized knowledge in international accounting ,global financial markets, finance and investment.
Upon completing this program, students will develop:
- Critical analysis skills – an ability to assimilate new knowledge in the field of accounting and finance as well as the capacity to provide critical analysis of the field.
- Research skills – an ability to identify and define pertinent research questions, to review the relevant literature, to define a proper methodology and to conduct research in the context of data analysis or experiments.
- Analytical and numerical skills – an ability to analyse and solve valuation and investment problems, to handle large volumes of numerical data and extract and manipulate relevant data in a meaningful manner.
The MSc assumes an academic background in the following subjects prior to entry to the programme: financial reporting, management accounting, finance, economics and quantitative methods. Admission to the program may be conditional upon taking one or more courses in these areas to strengthen your background.
Taught Modules: Seminars & Workshops
All students must complete the following 3 workshops and submit the final report before they embark on the thesis/research
- Workshop 1: Advanced Management Accounting
- Workshop 2: Analysis of Corporate Financial Information
- Workshop 3: Finance Theory
- A recognized bachelor degree or equivalent and
- Proficiency in English (IELTS score of 6.0 or more). Alternatively you may enroll with the Binary University’s English Language Centre, the level of entry will depend on the placement test results.
- Complete the Application Form
- Attach filled Application Form with all academic results along with transcripts to email@example.com.
- The Admission Team will be in touch within 24 hours.