The School of Technology Management or STM at Binary University is among the oldest IT schools in Malaysia. It is a pioneer in offering industry relevant programs and among the first to offer postgraduate degrees in IT ,IS and computer science. The MSc ITM which has an alumni spanning across the globe is one of the best sellers of the STM ,as the program is updated every 2 years with industry participation and its graduates much sought after by employers.
The notion that IT is separate from business has faded into antiquity. Upper management recognizes that technology is not just integral to success, but actually drives the way companies pursue their business goals. To help merge technology and business processes, a new breed of enterprise architects started emerging a decade ago and this was responded by Binary University with the introduction of the MSc ITM.
Why the Binary MSc ITM ?
- It prepares students for managerial and technical careers in the field of information technology (IT) which offers lucrative salaries and financial incentives.
- Our proximity to industry-leading organizations such as NTT,Xybase,TMNet,AIG,Satyam Computers, Shell to name a few in the Multimedia Super Corridor (MSC) facilitates the career progression of our graduates.
- The program offers opportunities for students with special interests to concentrate in a specific track within the IT area such as business intelligence and big data analytics, cloud computing, enterprise systems, internet of things, information security and assurance, IT consulting and management services and healthcare systems.
- The program offers an innovative curriculum that employs a real-world problem-solving approach bringing the corporate perspective into the classroom.
The aim of the MSc ITM is to produce hybrid IT managers who are proficient in both the technical aspects of Information Technology and the management aspects of technology. By producing technology-savvy business decision makers who understand how current and emerging technologies can best be applied to make their organizations more profitable, productive, and competitive, Binary graduates are well-positioned to face the challenges of management in the 21st century.
Upon completion of this programme, the student will be able :-
- To understand how business is conducted globally.
- To communicate effectively and manege teams.
- To design and implement programs to specification
- To apply systems development techniques in a variety of contexts.
- To utilize appropriate skills in the management of IT-based projects
- To analyze problems in different domains and solve them using information systems drawing on multidisciplinary perspectives.
Computer and technical skills are essential, but equally important are management abilities. IT managers need to analyze a problem and pick the best and most cost-effective solution. This is why there is a high demand for such professionals globally. Graduates of this course will have career opportunities in areas such as:
- IT Project manager
- Network Manager
- Security engineer
- Software Development Manager
- IT Manager
- IT Architect and Systems Manager
- Data Processing Manager
- Systems Software Manager
- Chief Information Officer
- IT Consultant
- Network engineer
- Director of Information Technology
This program is ideal for those who have completed a business degree related to IT or an IT degree.